The Backup Support Engineer connects with end users as the first line of ThinkGard’s support. Support functions include, but are not limited to, troubleshooting hardware and software related concerns, phone support, communication with VIP Vendor Support and performing daily maintenance checks for our clients. This is a customer service-oriented role and a strong focus will be placed on appropriately communicating and following-up with impacted users. The Backup Support Engineer will possess a strong sense of urgency. The Backup Support Engineer will be in the Technology Services division and report to the Director of Technology Services. Daily supervision will be by the Senior Backup Support Engineer.
- Act as the first line of support to ThinkGard clients in resolving hardware and software issues related to their ThinkGard provided appliance.
- Documents, tracks and monitors reported problems to facilitate timely resolutions.
- Log service tickets for every customer interaction regardless of the mode of communication (email, or phone).
- Be the liaison between Vendor VIP Support and our client by interacting with vendors via telephone and/or email to relate the problem(s) that we find to the vendor and help relay the solutions that they provide to the client and implement that solution with the client’s help.
- Perform daily checks in morning and afternoon that include, but may not be limited to, checking the local backup jobs as well as the offsite replication jobs for each server of each client.
- Contact customers, by phone or email, if cannot be reached by phone, when problems that we cannot remediate immediately, or without some intervention by the client’s IT personnel.
- Assist in the hardware staging of all appliances that are waiting to be deployed at our client’s sites.
- Escalating client issues to the Senior Backup Support Engineer when necessary
- Undertaking small- to medium-sized projects as instructed by Director of Technology Services.
- May be required to be on-call during nights and weekends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
-High school diploma or equivalent.
-Minimum of 1-2 years relevant IT or Helpdesk experience.
-Familiarity with Windows operating systems, networking and PC troubleshooting a plus.
-Strong interpersonal skills required to effectively communicate with clients and vendors
-Passion for teamwork, continuing education, problem solving and exceptional customer service
-Must be well spoken, outgoing, organized, detailed-oriented, dependable and flexible
-Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
Industry appropriate IT certifications a plus.
Position requires frequent walking, standing, lifting and reaching. Requires full range of body motion including manual, finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Ability to lift and carry up to 70 pounds.
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org